October/November brought Lockdown 2 and no sailing as the dinghy park was out of bounds. We got on with the galley build again. Lorna liked the plain temporary plywood doors that I had made, so we had 18mm thick rectangles cut by a local company so we could finish them to the colour of our choice. So, we decided on a beautiful blue paint and paired it with polished yellow agate handles -
Lawrence made the oak shelves and Lorna sanded and oiled them. The top shelf is screwed down and then plugged with oak plugs drilled from spare off-
We measured up for the yellow Perspex splash backs to be laser cut by a specialist company and then Lawrence trimmed them using a new fine blade on the cross cut saw. They fitted really well and are sealed to the work top and wall.